Mo.net is a financial modelling system designed by actuaries and written in Microsoft’s powerful and productive .NET development environment.
Its primary role is to offer unrivalled flexibility in the financial modelling process and allow the end user to have full transparency of all model code, inputs, calculations and results. Mo.net has an intuitive user interface and only requires the user to have basic skills in writing visual basic (VB) function code (similar to Excel VBA) so it is quick to learn and become productive.
Why choose Mo.net Partners Takaful Model?
Years of Experience in One Model
Consistent Going Forward
The idea behind the creation of these tools?
- Business processes could be automated to help ease the reporting burden.
- Minimize error in manual work processes.
- Actuarial resources can be managed more efficiently as less time is allocated for manual work.
- The Data Checking Tool can also be used on its own as a data management system to ensure data cleanliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Appraisal Valuation – Partners has used the model on an appraisal assignment for a conventional life insurer. The model was used to calculate reserves on a participating annuity product and projection of new business for one of the insurer’s main products under various sensitivity test assumptions.
- Gross premium and bonus reserve valuation – This was done for an insurer outside of Malaysia. Aside from the valuation work proper, the project included solvency projection, sensitivity testing and IFRS 4 compliance related work.
- Audit work – Partners has performed checks on a Malaysian life insurer’s GPV and RBC calculations and cash flow outputs produced by a competitor’s software.
With Mo.net, a project’s lead time can be significantly shortened without the need to allocate additional resources to the project.